The Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Health is the home to the University of Minnesota's Healthy Youth Development - Prevention Research Center (HYD - PRC), one of the premier sites in the country for adolescent health research. At the HYD - PRC researchers are learning about the best practices for providing adolescents with the necessary skills and opportunities to live healthy and meaningful lives. The HYD - PRC is also dedicated to learning and implementing ways to reduce health disparities that exist among Minnesota's young people. In addition to research, the HYD - PRC supports the youth-serving community in many ways:
- Promoting best practices
- Evaluating program effectiveness
- Improving policies and systems
- Building public support for young people
- Advising community-based organizations
- Training educators, public health professionals, sexual health educators, health care practitioners, and youth workers.