The Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Health is the home to the University of Minnesota's Healthy Youth Development - Prevention Research Center (HYD - PRC), one of the premier sites in the country for adolescent health research. At the HYD - PRC researchers are learning about the best practices for providing adolescents with the necessary skills and opportunities to live healthy and meaningful lives. The HYD - PRC is also dedicated to learning and implementing ways to reduce health disparities that exist among Minnesota's young people. In addition to research, the HYD - PRC supports the youth-serving community in many ways:
- Promoting best practices
- Evaluating program effectiveness
- Improving policies and systems
- Building public support for young people
- Advising community-based organizations
- Training educators, public health professionals, sexual health educators, health care practitioners, and youth workers.
This website is supported by Cooperative Agreement Number (U48DP006414; R. Sieving, PI) funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Prevention Research Center Program. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.